Thursday, February 26, 2015

The A4 Tech X7 F3

I have always been happy with the regular mouse that the local internet cafes were using to play cs 1.3 and starcraft broad war, until I got older(and wiser) to try out those expensive mouse that look ridiculous with a numpad where your large thumb will go. oooopps, beep beep!


Man they are hard to use, for once how much key do you need more than what the keyboard offers? good thing Im poor enough not to afford them. UNFORTUNATELY there was a much cheaper options, and man its more than I need for casual gaming.


My first expensive mouse, atleast for me, was the A4 Tech X710BH(along with x7 G800mu keyboard, more on that later). It was a stupid buy since I didnt test it, the shop wont allow me to open and feel the mouse, So I did purchase it and it was too darn long for my hand! But I did not bother returning it, knowing the shop wont accept, And its got buttons that I havent tested yet so what the hell.

here is what I love about this mouse
1. The package containts lots of extra rubber feets, like 2-3 sets of them, but I did not changed the one that came in with the mouse.
2. It changes DPI on the fly! the green button  behind the scroll wheel changes it from slow to very fast.
3. It has 2 buttons where the thumb goes which functions as forward and back button, but sadly I cant reach the forward button comfortably, I have move my hand forward or pull the mouse close to my sweaty palms to reach it, which is uncomfortable.
4. No-movement-on-mouse-lift yep, i usually use low speed/dpi that requires multiple mouse lifts to turn me around and get killed before making the turn, but it made me a good sniper.

5. unreachable 2x click just like the forward button, it still looks like new

6. rubbery feel

anyway it was 3 years ago and the mouse is still alive and being used in my dayjob, I have learned to live with it during those years and all I can say is if its only a little bit short...


but lo and behold! the same shop posted the X7 F3 so I looked online to find another shop to test it before buying it and then bought it eventually. Why? its like my hard to use x7 10bh but a little bit short. It has the same things that I like about with my old mouse!

it also has

-braided cable, like a shoe lace, unlike the old one which is starting to peel itself.
-can finally reach the forward and back button, 2x click is also just beside my finger which is nice, but im not using it till now.

I will now put my faith in this mouse, may it serve me longer that my previous one, and can finally claw grip comfortably.

by the way the x710bh costs $22 in 2011 while the x7 F3 cost me $17 last december.

No comments: